Saturday, February 16, 2013

Words on Honey (or honey on words.)


Honey is not just sweet. It reminds us of something built, something earned. It doesn’t just taste good, but it nurtures our bodies long after we lick the last of it from our fingers. If we are aware of this we will savor it more often, and treasure it in all it’s earthy, golden, goodness. 



God says that honey is comparable to wisdom. “My son, eat honey because it is good, and the honeycomb which is sweet to your taste. So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul. If you have found it, there is prospect, and your hope will not be cut off.” (Prov 24:13-14)
Wisdom not only tastes good, but it lasts. If this is so, then is the understanding only God gives sweet to your palate as well as your soul? It is, by nature, a gift. Do I lick it from my fingers and ask for more?  Do I throw my arms wide and embrace all that it offers me? Do I drizzle wisdom on my words in the morning, or bottle it for later?




My Lord says that wisdom brings hope where there was none before, and all those times when I said I couldn’t see what was next, wisdom was offering me a prospect.
I want that, wisdom spread thick over my life, sweetening every thought, and judgment I’m asked to make.
Do you?



Sit and watch honey catch sunlight today, and open your heart to be taught by The Maker.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely and rich words this morning for me. I shall savor them and ponder them in a day that demands wise and sweet words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete