Saturday, January 19, 2013

I made you cause I couldn't sleep...


I couldn't sleep... so I got up with the morning. Most times I end up in the kitchen because 1. morning light looks a lot more lovely on apples than any other. And 2. I'm hungry.

I made this.



Chocolate and Hazelnut Porridge with Sauteed 
Apples (Grain,Gluten,Dairy,Egg free.) 

1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup pecan meal
2 Tbs coconut butter, melted
1 tsp lemon zest
Combine these three and press into the bottom of a small tart or pie pan. 

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup almond milk 
1 Tbs honey
 Combine these and spread over nut mixture in pan. If it's a little too thick you can add more almond milk. 
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. 
Meanwhile....

2 Apples
1 Tbs cinnamon 
1 tsp arrowroot flour
juice from one half of a lemon
1 Tbs almond milk 

Saute in a small sauce pan until they thicken and pour over finished porridge. 












My camera has cocoa powder all over it...


No comments:

Post a Comment