Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas {is}



Christmas is becoming more and more bittersweet, and in an effort to be honest, I will note that while these pictures paint a rather fairytale looking life, they are merely the beauty weeded out of the chaos. I am so greatful for every good thing I recived from His hand this Christmas... and there were plenty of them! I also recognize that there we hard parts, and things that made me cry, and things that we not so Joyeux Noel. But God remains good, my heart is not light... but greatful. This isn't what you want to hear in a "Christmas Post" but I am not the pretending type. Bittersweet is an honest word. I'm glad God created it.
Here follows what I captured of my Christmas. So thankful God allows me to see HIS perfection in the midst of the biggest messes.


 { Winter Wind }
 {Reading by the fire}
 {Cards at the kitchen table}
 {Woodstoves}
 {hooray for the only time of year we get to bring the outside, inside.}
 {Things that are wrapped thriftily}
 {Wrapped up in mist}


 
{Simple things}
{Hannah's chocolate chip cookies deserve a moment of silence. _________. I can't post the recipe, it's a secret.}

 
{We Wait}
{Belanger family tradition, follow the trail of tootsie rolls to wherever the presents are, baskets in hand, gathering as we go. Mayhem.}

 {Pajamas all day long}






 {The stillness of sleeping siblings}
 {Home}


 {Candles lit}

 {Two christmas's, 14 stockings, making it work.}



{The Afterglow}


No comments:

Post a Comment