Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beautiful Rutabagas



Vegitables are beautiful. I might go so far as to say they are holy. Living things that give of themselves selflessly. 


Psalm 119:96 I have seen the consummation of all perfection 

I was reading this verse and staring at the large (and only slightly frightening ) rutabaga that I vased in my room. I could not bear to eat it after gathering it up in my arm in the field. It was love at first sight. It's stems are blush fading to deep green and the body is a deep plumb purple, slashed with white score marks. So close to a work of art in my mind. Perfection in creation. 


But this verse. The writer says that in seeing God, he has seen the consummation of ALL perfection! 

Consummation: the state of being consummated; perfection; fulfillment.

Perfection: . the highest degree of proficiency, skill, or excellence, as in some art.

God is the fulfillment of all artistic skill. This rutabaga is rooted in excellence. 
If I am taken by a vegitable, how much more would I sit stunned in the presence of someone who is the consumation of all perfection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment