Thursday, March 21, 2013

Life Tastes Good

 What if it tastes good.... does that mean it's good for me?
We are wired to think that something has to be hard, to be profitable. The term guilt-free dessert alludes to the fact that if you were to eat a bite of regular pie, it would damage you to the point of guilt! So maybe pie isn't the best for you, but it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to eat a piece now and then.
We do the same with life. 
"This feels good... it must not be."
"If I push myself to the point of being uncomfortable or afraid it will mean I'm conquering the bad, and ushering in the good." 
This is not always the case, especially where our lives as children of God are concerned. 
Good means good. True, we are called to step outside of our comfort zones at times, and God does use hard things to teach us. But He is a God of beauty! 
We can rest and not feel guilty. 
We can choose something that makes us feel happy, and know that He is in it. 
We can eat a piece of pie (or heck... two) and relish every bite of it. 
He has our good in His hand, no matter what form we receive it in. 
The trick is to say yes to what He offers.

I made a pie tonight because I could. Because it was good for my heart. And yes... I ate it out of the pan with a fork. God is good.







2 comments:

  1. Yes, He is! Great piece, you're a talented young woman. Keep up the lovely work!

    ReplyDelete