Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lighter and Fluffier

A Saturday morning! I found one....


Pancakes. You know you want them. My man of 10,000 miles away mentioned he wanted some last night via Skype, and I thought it sounded like a pretty great idea. So here they are. Grain free, and I actually got them fluffy this time around! I borrowed the recipe from nourishingdays, a really lovely blog you should read HERE.


Coconut Flour Pancakes
  • 4 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup coconut milk or 3/4 cup cream + 1/4 cup whole milk (best) or 3/4 cup whole milk yogurt + 1/4 cup whole milk (good)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • coconut oil or butter for frying
Directions
  1. Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir 3/4 of wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes.
  3. At this stage your batter should be thick, almost like brownie batter. If it is still fairly thick and dry add the rest of the wet mixture.
  4. Melt the coconut oil in the hot pan and fry pancakes about 2 minutes each side. I ate mine with butter and honey.



This post has been lighter and fluffier than my recent ones, which I'm sure some of you are glad about. It's ok to admit it, my brain was starting to hurt too. Sometimes God teaching us something is weighty words, and revelations.... other times its pancakes. 

1 comment: